Playing pool has health benefits for the elderly
Do you own a retirement home or village? Perhaps you’re looking for ways you can make your communal areas more inviting to your residents? Installing a pool table could be the answer, whether you choose to rent or buy.
We recently put a pool table in Heyeswood Retirement Home and it’s been a big hit with the residents. Not only has it allowed residents to have some fun, whether they’re playing or watching, but it’s having a positive impact on their health too.
Why is playing pool good for you?
There are lots of reasons according to the residents… but here are our favourites:
- Helps build focus and concentration.
- It’s mentally stimulating.
- It’s exercise – uses muscles and burns calories as you stretch across and walk around the table countless times. (Why not try wearing a pedometer next time you have a game and see how many steps you do?)
- Can help you stay flexible and boost your stability (reducing your chances of having a fall).
- Can tone up your back, leg and hips.
- Good for your mental health.
- Stops you from being passive. Sitting for prolonged periods isn’t good for you physically or mentally.
- Can help you make friends.
Order a pool table today
Playing pool might be the highlight of your residents’ day. It gives the opportunity for residents to come together regularly, why not have a monthly pool competition? Visitors to your retirement village or home could enjoy playing too – pool appeals to people of all ages.
We stock tables with different cloths so you can choose a pool table with a traditional green cloth or opt for something different. Why not choose a cloth to match your décor? Hiring a pool table could cost less than you think. Give Manco Automatics a call on 0161 870 7777 today. We could have a pool table in situ within a matter of days.